Smartt Interior Construction | Team
We Are Your Local DIRTT team.
Our mission is to help you create the best spaces for who you are now –– and who you’ll become. DIRTTbags are all in for this mission and we have fun while we’re on it.
Women-Owned & Lead Company
Smartt Interior Construction is a "woman-owned" company and registered with the US SBA.
Every Year We Get Smartter & Smartter
- Construction got smartter: Smartt Interior Construction began.
- First-year closes with $3,206 in sales.
- Thora joins to expand the SMARTT team.
- Year closes with $2.1 million in sales.
- North Dakota Center for Technology & Business Awards Paula Klein with SMARTT Interior Construction Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
- First DIRTT Bus Tour
- SMARTT is named US Small Business Administration of North Dakota Small business of the year.
- SMARTT Santa makes his first appearance.
- Brenda joins to expand the SMARTT team.
- SMARTT introduces virtual reality to construction.
- SMARTT expands the healthcare division.
- DIRTT Partner of the year goes to SMARTT Interior Construction.
- DIRTT Project Champion of the year goes to SMARTT’s very own Paula Klein.
- Marjorie joins to expand the SMARTT team.
You Don't Settle For Ordinary, Neither Do We.
Get to know
Owner & Project Champion
After 20 years in the design industry with over 10 years working in commercial construction, our visionary, Paula was initially inspired to “Do It Right” in 2011, and SMARTT Interior Construction was born. Today, she is still proud to be our chief DIRTTbag (a fond nickname for those who work with DIRTT) leading our charge to bring you a SMARTTer way to build. When this Valley City native (go HIGHLINERS!) isn’t getting DIRTTy, Paula beats Thora in fishing competitions and cheers on the mighty BISON.
Marj And In Charge
After finishing a degree in Interior Design from NDSU, Marjorie saw the DIRTTy light and joined the SMARTT team in 2019. Always on the go, you can find Marjorie at project meetings, and on your job site checking in and keeping your project rolling. Outside of SMARTT, Marjorie enjoys crafting from scrapbooking to painting.
Thora started playing in the DIRTT in 2012. Our SMARTTy of the North, Thora is keeping it real while keeping your project on-time and on-track from her hometown of Roseau, MN. You’ll see her on the SMARTT/ DIRTT bus tour and at tradeshows spreading the word about how we build smartter. Outside of SMARTT, Thora travels across the country as pit crew and cheerleader for her family’s snowmobile races.
Part of the construction industry for over 11 years, Hans and his crew love getting DIRTTy and building your projects the right way with SMARTT since 2013. Hans’ favorite part about DIRTT is how much more quickly the projects get completed compared to conventional construction. Outside of work, Hans is an avid croquet player, and works on his crocheting.
Brenda Srejma, NCIDQ
ICE ICE BABY
After 15 years in the design industry, Brenda joined the SMARTT team in 2016 and quickly earned her ICE ICE BABY nickname by owning DIRTT details in the ICE design software. As an all-star designer, Brenda takes your project from concept to build by sifting through the construction document and drawing details to bring your vision to life. When she’s not rolling in DIRTT, she’s digging in it (in her garden that is) or watching her kids at various sporting events.
In the construction industry for over 10 years, Jeff and his crew has been working with the SMARTT team and building with DIRTT since 2013. He loves to build the awesome designs our customers come up with, and seeing how fast and clean they go up on site. “The best thing is the sense of accomplishment. To look back at what you did in just a matter of days is pretty cool” says Jeff. Outside of getting DIRTTy, Jeff likes to snowmobile and hit the lake on water skis.